Tuesday, October 17, 2006

WATCHER (AT THE GATES OF THE MIND)

Is our best creative work because of or despite our education?

You often hear teachers and parents disparagingly refer to children as if they were immature adults, and perhaps it's time to stop and rethink. And really rethink. I say most adults are atrophied children whose fire has long since been extinguished. There are so many of them everywhere, all of them with their fucking opinions. Bitter, uncreative, closed-minded, frightened, unimaginative and often hostile individuals permanently scarred and internally damaged by their education and upbringing.

2 comments:

charlie m. said...

I have to agree with you.

I also think its funny how when a parent doesn't want their child to do something they say how "your still a kid and you live under my roof" etc. yet when they want them to behave or act mature they say they need to "act like an adult" its sort of a case of make up your mind...

I'm 19 and my recent job change made it where I use to work with highschoolers and I now work with adults 25-50 and the only difference is less sense of human and a lot more bitter about life....

Anonymous said...

I couldn't have said it better myself., Mr Bennett...